How to Share a Printer
Printer sharing is a very useful resource on your home or business network. Printer Sharing enables you to use a single printer over the network, i.e. from a number of computers. Many offices use the Sharing of Printers to make operation more economic.
I will show you simple steps to do this. Here are the things you must do to have that local Printer Shared on the Network:
Now, assuming this computer do not have a local printer and would like to print a document. You can print a document from a shared printer, here is how:
1. Control Panel
2. Click on PRINTERS and OTHER HARDWARE
3. Click on PRINTERS and FAXES
5. Click on ADD A PRINTER
6. The ADD A PRINTER WIZARD will then pop out, just click next
7. Click on A NETWORK PRINTER or A PRINTER ATTACHED TO ANOTHER
8. You can either let the computer browse for a printer available in the
network or you can choose the second option if you know the name of the
printer available in the network.