How to Buy a Multifunction Printer
A multifunction printer seems like a perfect machine to help you run your business. They are getting more popular by the day as they offer a host of features in a single compact machine. For example, you don’t need to buy different devices to print, fax, copy, scan, email; all these features are offered in a single machine along with lot of time saving features. But before you decide to buy a multifunction printer, you must take into account various factors that will help you decide if it is the right machine for you.
1) Do you really need it? The first thing you must ask yourself is whether your business really needs it. Just because a multifunction offers a load of features doesn’t mean that you should buy it. In fact if your business doesn’t require a lot of printing, you are better off with a simple printer.
2) Can you afford it? The multifunction printer is a lot costlier than the ordinary ones. The price tag is not the only thing that you should be worried about. It would require its share of supplies and maintenance. And since so many devices are packed into a single machine, the technology used is often new and replacing parts would be expensive.
3) Do some research – Before you decide to buy a multifunction printer get some feedback from people who have actually used the model that you are interested in buying. Online review sites are a great way to check for different pros and cons of any gadget. Ideally you should go for established models from reputed manufacturers that have already proven themselves in the market.
4) Ease of use – Since a multifunction printer is loaded with features, it comes with a lot of options and commands. It is easy to get overwhelmed with the sheer number of features available, the end result being you waste more time searching for features every time you use it. Select a printer that has an easy, intuitive interface so that it everyone can use it.
5) Multitasking capability – Select a printer that can handle several tasks at once. If you are running a business it is highly probable that more than one person would try to access the printer at the same time so a printer that can process multiple requests will improve efficiency.
6) Software and hardware compatibility – Some multipurpose printers require a certain operating system or computers with specific configurations. Before you decide to buy such a printer ensure that it is compatible with the machines and softwares used in your office.
7) Security – If you deal with sensitive information, your printer should be secure enough so that it doesn’t leak the information. Check out the security features of the printer before buying it.