I will show you simple steps to do this. Here are the things you must do to have that local Printer Shared on the Network:
- First open the Control Panel and open the Printers and Faxes by double-clicking on the corresponding icon in Control Panel. Alternatively, you can click on Printers And Faxes on the Start Menu.
- In the Printers And Faxes windows that has appeared, right click on the printer you want to share and click on Sharing. But make sure that you have enabled the File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks on network card's properties.
- In the window that appears, click the Sharing tab and select the Radio-Button named 'Share This Printer'. Assign a share name to the computer, say HP Printer and Printers; this is the name with which your printer will be known on the network. Click OK.
1. Control Panel
2. Click on PRINTERS and OTHER HARDWARE
3. Click on PRINTERS and FAXES
5. Click on ADD A PRINTER
6. The ADD A PRINTER WIZARD will then pop out, just click next
7. Click on A NETWORK PRINTER or A PRINTER ATTACHED TO ANOTHER
8. You can either let the computer browse for a printer available in the
network or you can choose the second option if you know the name of the
printer available in the network.